Breakfast Attendant - Hampton Inn, Holland
The Hampton Inn is a fast-paced, high-energy workplace, with endless opportunities for advancement. Come join the best team in the Hospitality Industry!
Hours: Start at 6:00am or 7:00am and finish around 12:00pm. Can guarantee weekends off!
Starting wage at $12-14/hour, based on experience!
- Hotel and restaurant discounts
- Earned Paid Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- Flexible schedules (dependent on position)
- Holiday Pay
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year (must be accredited)
- Advancement opportunities
- 100% paid maternity/paternity or adoption leave for those who qualify for FMLA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Pine Rest (3 free counseling visits, online library, and access to legal, financial and elder care consultations)
The Breakfast Bar Attendant is responsible for the preparation and service of the Hot on the House breakfast according to local health department, Suburban Inns’, and Hilton standards, as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in uniform presented professionally, neat, and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Maintain the breakfast bar in an attractive, organized, and clean presentation while following brand standards and health codes
- Prepare all hot items according to directions
- Ensure that all items on the breakfast bar are kept at adequate quantities to accommodate the volume of guests in house using the first in, first out method for restocking
- Cover, date, and neatly store all leftover products that are reusable
- Clear, clean, and sanitize tables and chairs as they are vacated
- Wash and sanitize serving equipment, and return it to storage at breakfast closing
- Remove trash, vacuum/sweep/mop entire breakfast area, clean public restrooms, wash windows, etc.
- Prep food for the next day according to hotel occupancies
- Put away deliveries as soon as they arrive using the first in, first out method. Verify that every item on the invoice is accounted for and stored properly with label and date.
- Other duties as requested by management
- Minimum Knowledge
- Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
- License, Registration, and/or Certification Required
- External and Internal Personal Contact
- Communications Daily Verbal
- Monthly Participation in meetings
Teamwork and Collaboration:
This job is part of a formal work team within the department
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Stress Load Regular exposure to stresses
- Workload Fluctuation The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change
- Manual Skills Some portions (10- 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations
- Physical Effort Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day
- Physical Environment Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level, slippery, or unstable
- Work Schedule Work regularly requires holiday and weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs
- Occupational Risks Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials
- Ergonomics Risks Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures
- Safety Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Suburban Inns
- Required Travel Position does not require travel to other Suburban Inns properties. Work is completed on the property
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines:
Uniform: Uniform and name tag provided. Close-toed, non-slip shoes are the responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: Visible earrings are allowed in the ears only or must be covered throughout the course of the shift. Hair must be kept well-groomed. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The Director of Operations has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor.