Housekeeper, Weekends Only- Holiday Inn of Midland
Holiday Inn of Midland is a fast-paced, high-energy workplace, with endless opportunities for advancement. Come join the best team in the Hospitality Industry!
* Position can be used as an internship
* Shifts: 1st
* Wage: Starts at $13.00/hour PLUS $2.00/hour extra for hours worked on weekends in the Summer **weekend hours are considered Friday at 3 pm until Sunday at 11:59 pm**
- Hotel and restaurant discounts
- Earned Paid Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- Flexible schedules (dependent on position)
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year (must be accredited)
- Advancement opportunities
- 100% paid maternity/paternity or adoption leave for those who qualify for FMLA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Pine Rest (3 free counseling visits, online library, and access to legal, financial and elder care consultations)
Responsible for the cleaning and overall appearance of guest rooms, hallways, and public areas while following Suburban Inns’ Core Values and IHG standards (Standards are available online at IHGmerlin.com ), as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in uniform presented professionally, neat, and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Communicate regularly with the Executive or Assistant Executive Housekeeper to ensure all early outs, late check outs, etc. are taken care of accordingly
- Stock housekeeping carts with supplies and amenities needed throughout the shift
- Clean rooms according to Suburban Inns and IHG standards
- Scrub floor, shower, bathtub, sink, and toilet in bathroom
- Remove all used guest amenities, linens, and garbage
- Restock amenities (i.e. coffee, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Make beds while checking for damaged or stained linen at the same time
- Dust and clean room furniture, decorations, appliances, and structural surfaces (i.e. wall fixtures, windowsills, vents, etc.)
- Vacuum entire bedroom and hallway outside the door to the room
- Complete extra tasks assigned(hallways, storage, extra item)
- Call the kitchen to pick up any room service trays, set the trays in the hallway
- Return roll-aways and cribs with fresh linen to the appropriate storage rooms
- Bring all dirty laundry to the laundry rooms
- Sort dirty laundry according to type, while looking for stained linen at the same time and keeping those separate
- Inspect for safety and report any maintenance issues to the Executive or Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- Report any special room issues (i.e. damage, smoke, pets, etc.) to the Executive or Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- Report all missing or broken, and lost and found items to the Executive or Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- Communicate to Executive or Assistant Executive Housekeeper when rooms are cleaned
- Ensure that all standards set by Suburban Inns and IHG are being followed at all times
- Assist in keeping all storage rooms organized
- Ensure that all standards set by Suburban Inns and IHG are being followed at all times, while also
maintaining a minimum of two rooms complete per hour
- Maintain a positive attitude throughout the shift, and keep Team Member morale high
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information. May require record keeping. May have need for good communication skills.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience:
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily - Verbal & Written
- Monthly - Participation in meetings
Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal work team within the department
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses.
Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change.
Manual Skills: Some portions (10- 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Physical Effort: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day.
Physical Environment: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level, slippery, or unstable.
Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs.
Occupational Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials.
Ergonomics Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures.
Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Suburban Inns.
Required Travel: Position does not require travel to other Suburban Inns properties or client locations. Work is completed on the property.
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines
Uniform: Uniform and name tag provided. Close-toed shoes are the responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: Visible earrings are allowed in the ears only, or must be covered throughout the course of the shift. Hair must be of a natural color, and kept well-groomed. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The Director of Operations has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor.