Restaurant Manager - Sharkee's Bar and Grill, Holland
Expand your career in the Hospitality Industry and become a Restaurant Manager. This is a great opportunity to expand your experience and knowledge of the latest trends in beer, cocktails, food and bar operations in 2022!
Sharkee's is a fast-paced, high-energy workplace. The opportunities for growth and advancement are endless!
- Hotel and restaurant discounts
- Earned Paid Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- Flexible schedules (dependent on position)
- Holiday Pay
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year (must be accredited)
- Advancement opportunities
- 100% paid maternity/paternity or adoption leave for those who qualify for FMLA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Pine Rest (3 free counseling visits, online library, and access to legal, financial and elder care consultations)
Our Restaurant Managers are the SOUL of the management team. As a manager of Sharkee's, your goal is motivating and coaching the hourly team, running stellar shifts, and ensuring each guest has an unparalleled experience. Passion for hospitality and financially savvy are two factors that are a MUST! Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality, and service in personnel, as well as cleanliness of the dining room. Supervise, train, and coach dining room staff while following Suburban Inns’ Core Values and local health department standards.
- Report to work in professional attire, presented neat and clean
- Be able to directly supervise departments in the restaurant. Run it like you own in mentality.
- You lead from the front and the set the upbeat and fun pace of the shift.
- Your office is “on the floor” to help drive staff engagement creating the ultimate guest experience.
- Be able to coach the team on best practices through one on ones and on the floor direction.
- Inspect dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper and clean uniforms at all times We strive for 100% table touches. Mayor of the town mentality.
- Assure that all running and closing side work is completed by our hourly team for smooth transition of shifts.
- Direct pre-shift meetings with dining room personnel. Relay information and policy changes
- Assure the correct appearance, cleanliness, and safety of dining room areas, equipment, and fixtures. Check the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and report deficiencies and maintenance concerns
- Make suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout Assure that the dining room areas are secure at the end of the business day
- Make service recovery decisions
- Attend scheduled staff meetings
- Taste and consume alcohol for company business, limited at the discretion of the General Manager
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Be able to multitask with many different moving distractions.
- Ability to be able to complete tasks on time.
- Ability to complete inventories, complete orders, and communicate with vendors