Banquet Server-Holiday Inn Midland
Holiday Inn Midland is a fast-paced, high-energy workplace, with endless opportunities for advancement. Come join the best team in the Hospitality Industry!
* Position can be used as an internship
* Shifts: Vary
* Wage: $12.50 plus commission
- Hotel and restaurant discounts
- Earned Paid Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- Flexible schedules (dependent on position)
- Holiday Pay
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year (must be accredited)
- Advancement opportunities
- 100% paid maternity/paternity or adoption leave for those who qualify for FMLA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Pine Rest (3 free counseling visits, online library, and access to legal, financial and elder care consultations)
Responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all guests. The Banquet Server is responsible for assisting in service, set up, and clean-up of all banquet functions. This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction, while following local health department standards, Suburban Inns’ Core Values, and IHG standards (standards are available online at IHGmerlin.com), as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in uniform presented professionally, neat, and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Maintain knowledge of event menu items and their contents, as well as appropriate table settings and service ware and the correct preparation and garnishing methods
- Ability to follow directions from banquet event orders
- Responsible for set up, service, maintenance, and break down of banquet rooms
- Ability to carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift
- Report needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Respond quickly to requests from guests, supervisors, or management in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Practice “clean as you go” techniques of service; keeping all banquet areas clean, neat, and supplied at all times
- Maintain security of equipment, keys, and supplies issued each day
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. May require typing, record keeping, or word processing. Good communication skills.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent related experience Minimum of one year job-related experience
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: TIPS Certification
External and Internal Personal Contact:
- Daily- Verbal & Written
Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses
Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change
Manual Skills: Duties require little or no (less than 10%) application of manual skills
Physical Effort: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day
Physical Environment: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level, slippery, or unstable
Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs
Occupational Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials
Ergonomics Risks: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures
Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Suburban Inns
Required Travel: Position does not require travel to other Suburban Inns properties or client locations. Work is completed on the property
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines
Uniform: Uniform black dress shirt, vest, neck tie, and name tag provided. Suburban Inns approved black slacks and black, close-toed, non-slip shoes are the responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: Visible earrings are allowed in the ears only, or must be covered throughout the course of the shift. Hair must be of a natural color, and kept well-groomed. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The Director of Operations has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor.