Guest Service Representative-Embassy Suites Grand Rapids Downtown
Embassy Suites Grand Rapids Downtown is a fast-paced, high-energy workplace, with endless opportunities for advancement. Come join the best team in the Hospitality Industry!
* Position can be used as an internship
* Shifts: 1st & 2nd
* Wage: Starts at $14.00/hour, based on experience
- Hotel and restaurant discounts
- Earned Paid Time Off for ALL Team Members
- Insurance (health, vision, dental, life) for full time Team Members
- Flexible schedules (dependent on position)
- Holiday Pay
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time per year (must be accredited)
- Advancement opportunities
- 100% paid maternity/paternity or adoption leave for those who qualify for FMLA
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Pine Rest (3 free counseling visits, online library, and access to legal, financial and elder care consultations)
Responsible for providing strong sales techniques and excellent guest service, according to Suburban Inns Core Values and Hilton/Embassy Suites standards, as well as going above and beyond to ensure that guests are 100% satisfied.
- Report to work in uniform presented professionally, neat, and clean
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner. Ask questions of guests and make personal connections to make them feel they are welcome and valued
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, then go one step further
- Sell the property according to the Suburban Inns sales standards
- Collect leads and prospect new business, communicate the information with the Sales Department
- Gather the appropriate data from each guest, from address information to credit cards and signatures
- Clearly state all necessary policies and hotel information to each guest
- Follow the shift checklists each day, completing every task in order to ensure smooth and efficient hotel operations
- Record any special needs or requests and unique occurrences throughout the shift in Quore. Communicate any unordinary occurrences to the next shift. Communication is instrumental in smooth operations
- Maintain a neat and clean workspace at the front desk and adjacent areas
- Perform property walk-arounds as needed throughout the shift, and address all issues encountered. All trash, used towels, room service trays, etc. must be picked up. Keep eyes open for any and all safety and security issues. Report any problems to the appropriate department and General Manager
- Complete any required emergency training needed according to Hilton standards, with documentation of training being completed. Stay knowledgeable of all emergency procedures and aware of how to handle each situation
- Check the pool area as many times as needed throughout the shift, stocking pool towels and straightening up the pool deck.
- Complete any required Hilton/OnQ training for front desk procedures and Hilton Honors. 100% responsible for ensuring Hilton Honors standards are exceeded each shift
- Responsible for the settlement and reconciling of guest accounts and paperwork
- Balance cash drawer and make appropriate cash drops
- Provide excellent guest service:
- Supply information to guests regarding hotel policies, services, and amenities
- Respond to guest requests for assistance and information on the surrounding areas, such as directions, dining, and entertainment
- Handle all guest concerns and be able to problem solve in a tactful, professional manner
- Maintain open lines of communication between all departments within the hotel
- Follow all Suburban Inns Processes
- Exhibit regular and recurrent attendance records
- Other duties as requested by management
Minimum Knowledge: Requires ability to interpret / extract information and / or perform arithmetic functions. Typing, record keeping, and word processing skills. Good communication skills.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience: This position requires a minimum formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent related experience.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
External and Internal Personal Contact:
Communications: Daily-Verbal & Written / Weekly-Participation in meetings.
Teamwork and Collaboration: This job is part of a formal work team within the department.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
Stress Load: Regular exposure to stresses
Workload Fluctuation: The workload required to perform this job requires ability to adapt to change
Manual Skills: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations
Physical Effort: Significant portions (more than 50%) of daily assignments involve prolonged standing, transporting material or equipment, or lifting, moving, or carrying heavy (over 30 pounds) materials for intermittent periods throughout the day
Physical Environment: Some portions (10 - 50%) of daily assignments involve exposure to dirt, odors, noise, or temperature / weather extremes. Working surfaces may be un-level, slippery, or unstable
Work Schedule: Work regularly requires or varies between day, evening, night, holiday, or weekend assignments. Schedule varies according to business demands and needs
Occupational Risks: Some portions (10 - 50%) of daily assignments involve occupational risk, such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, injuries from falls, or back injury sustained with assisting in moving, lifting, or positioning equipment or materials
Ergonomics Risks: Some portions (10 – 50%) of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as regular repetitive tasks, forceful or prolonged exertions of the hands, vibration, cold temperatures, heavy lifting, pulling, pushing, or carrying of heavy objects, poor body mechanics, restrictive workstations, or awkward postures
Safety: Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures of Suburban Inns
Required Travel: Position may require travel to other Suburban Inns properties for training. All other work is completed on the property
Uniform and Appearance Guidelines:
Uniform: Uniform and name tag provided. Suburban Inns approved shoes are the responsibility of the Team Member.
Appearance: All facial piercings must be approved by management. Gauges in ears are not allowed on anyone who’s primary job function is interacting with guests. Hair must be kept well-groomed. All tattoos that are not covered by a work uniform must be approved in writing by management. Any tattoo that is deemed offensive to co-workers, guests, vendors or others in the workplace based on racial, sexual, religious, ethnic, or other characteristics or attributes of a sensitive or legally protected nature are not permitted and must remain covered or concealed at all times. This policy will be administered by the position’s supervisor, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, height, weight, genetics, familial status, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The Vice President of Hotel Operations has the authority to veto any decision made by the position’s supervisor.